This recipe is so easy, even a first timer can make this dog food. It’s healthy and easy with only 4 ingredients. You can even eat it yourself although it may taste a little bland.
This recipe would be great for a dog with an upset tummy. Just change the brown rice for white rice while your dog isn’t feeling well.
Here’s the recipe. You can find a printable version towards the bottom of the post.
Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Yields: About 1 ½ Cups
1 ¼ Cup Brown Rice, cooked
3 Ounces Chicken, boiled and shredded
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Frozen Peas
1- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet.
2- Add the shredded chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, making sure to coat it well in the oil.
3- Add the frozen peas to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or just until heated through.
4- Add the remaining olive oil to the cooked rice and stir well.
5- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and serve to your doggie.
- You can swap out the peas for another vegetable that’s safe for dogs. Know your breed when switching out veggies. Also, know your dog’s preferences as well. If they don’t prefer certain vegetables, don’t use them. Just be sure to stick with 1 tablespoon of whatever vegetable you choose.
- You can swap out the olive oil for vegetable oil, salmon oil, or coconut oil. All of these are great choices for your dog’s health.
- Do not use canned peas. They have added sodium, which isn’t the best choice for your dog and their health. You can use fresh or frozen.
- If you boiled chicken with bones in it, be careful to ensure that no bones or pieces of bone end up in the final product.
- An easy way to shred chicken is use a hand mixer on low.
- This recipe is approved by the MSCPA-Angell Animal Medical Center.
prefer certain vegetables, don’t use them. Just be sure to stick with 1 tablespoon of whatever vegetable you choose.
are great choices for your dog’s health.