This dog treat ornament is so easy to make, anyone can do it. Even if you aren’t crafty. Or it’s a great craft to do with your child or grandchild.
You can make these for your own dogs and your friends’ dogs too. And don’t forget the kitties out there. Make some for them too. Just use cat treats instead of dog treats.
Here are the steps for this easy craft project. A printable card is at the bottom.
Dog Treat Ornament Tutorial
- Dog or cat treats
- Clear plastic ornaments
- Twine/string/yarn of your choice
- Cardstock in festive colors
- Hole punch
- Large circular punch for tags (or you can cut out small tags)
- Gather your supplies.
- Open the two halves of your clear plastic ornament.
- Fill both halves with the treats of your choice.
- Fit the two halves together. Make sure that the tops of the halves line up together, as that is where you will hang your ornament up.
- Place a small piece of tape on the underside of the ornament to make sure it doesn’t pop open. Set aside.
- Cut or punch out several tags from the cardstock.
- Punch holes in the tags.
- Write your “To:” and “From:” on the tag.
- Cut two pieces of twine/string/yarn that are the same size (anywhere from 6 to 10 inches. If you have extra, you can always trim the ends).
- Tie the first piece of twine together so that you create the loop of where you will hang your ornament. Snip excess if needed.
- Slip your cardstock tag onto the second piece of twine and tie it to create a bow. Snip excess if needed.
- Your ornaments are now complete! Hang them on the tree or give them as gifts!