There is so much to love about Italian culture! The sweet desserts, rich flavorful foods, interesting history, beautiful tourist attractions, chic fashions, and the warm, welcoming nature of Italians makes Italian culture a great place to find inspiration to name your Chihuahua.
If you don’t find the perfect name here, be sure to check out all our chihuahua names posts!
Here is a collection of Italian chihuahua names inspired by the best of Italian culture:
Popular Female Italian Names
Here is a list of some of the most popular feminine Italian names to consider for girl Chihuahuas:
Popular Male Italian Names
Here is a list of some of the most popular masculine Italian names to consider for boy Chihuahuas:
Names Inspired by Italian Cuisine
Find inspiration for your Chihuahua’s name from the cuisine of the country that is most famous for their delicious dishes:
- Amaretti, after Amaretti di Saronno, a bitter sweet Italian dessert.
- Basil, after the herb used frequently in Italian dishes.
- Biscotti, after the Italian biscuits often served with coffee.
- Cake, because there are many delicious Italian cakes.
- Cannoli, after the sweet Italian dessert, is the perfect name for a sweet Chihuahua with the traditional fawn coat, a white coat, a brown coat, or a coat that combines these three colors.
- Carpaccio, after the famous Italian dish.
- Gelato, after the delicious and popular Italian ice cream dessert.
- Mozzarella or Mozzie for short, after the cheese frequently used in Italian dishes.
- Olive, after Olive oil which is frequently used in Italian dishes, or after the popular Italian restaurant Olive Garden.
- Tiramisu, after the yummy Italian dessert.
- Truffles, after the expensive Italian dish for those with very refined palates.
Names Inspired by Italian Culture
Another place to find inspiration for an Italian name for your Chihuahua is Italian culture:
- Amica (feminine) or Amico (masculine), the way to say “friend” in Italian.
- Bella, which means “pretty” in Italian.
- Benvolio, Juliet or Romeo, after the world famous Italian love story, Romeo and Juliet.
- Cagna (feminine) or Cane (masculine), the way to say “dog” in Italian.
- Capo, the Italian word for “boss”.
- Carina (feminine) or Carino (masculine, the way to say “cute” in Italian.
- Coccole, the way to say “snuggle” in Italian.
- Dolce, the way to say “sweet” in Italian.
- Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Valentino, or Versace, after the world famous Italian fashion brands.
- Eroe, the Italian word for “hero”.
- Ferrari, Fiat, Lamborghini or Maserati, after the world famous Italian sports cars.
- Figlia, the Italian word for “daughter” or Figlio, the Italian word for “son”.
- Florence, Pompeii, Venice, Rome, or Tuscany after some of the most famous tourist destinations in Italy.
- Guerriero (masculine) or Guerriera (feminine), the Italian words for “warrior”.
- Nonna, the Italian word for “Grandma” or Nonno, the Italian word for “Grandpa”.
- Piccolo (masculine) or Piccola (feminine), the way to say “small” in Italian.
- Tiamo, or Tia, the Italian phrase “I love you.”
If you are struggling to choose between a few names, trying writing them down, calling out the name through your house, and seeing what your Chihuahua responds to. Choose your Chihuahua’s name carefully, because you may be calling out this name for the next 20 years!
If your Chihuahua has an Italian name, please share it in the comments below to help inspire other pet parents who are still searching for the perfect name for their furry friend.