Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? I don’t really even though I have some Irish in me. But this year I wanted to make something special for my dogs. I’m trying to come up with treats for them for every holiday. I want anything I make for my dogs to be healthy. And of course it has to be easy to make.
So below is my recipe for St Paddy’s day. You can find the printable version towards the bottom.
St Patrick’s Day Frozen Dog Treats
- 1 banana
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- cup of water
- food processor
- measuring cup
- cutting board and knife
- cookie sheet
- pourable container
- Cut banana into sections.
- Cut apple into chunks.
- Cut the stems off the parsley leaves.
- Add the spinach to the food processor and blend.
- Add the parsley to the food processor and blend.
- Add the apple to the food processor and blend.
- Add the banana to the food processor and blend.
- Add some water to the mixture to thin it out. After blending, add more if needed. You want the mixture to be thin and watery.
- Pour the mixture into a pourable container.
- Pour the mixture into the molds.
- Freeze overnight and then pop them out and put in a freezer bag.
- This makes 35 1 inch treats.
- Put your molds on a cookie sheet before pouring the liquid in them to keep them stabilized.
- Make sure you have made a space in your freezer before hand so you can easily slip the molds on your cookie sheet in there.
- Use a light weight easy to handle cup for pouring the liquid into the molds, because the mold area itself is small and thin and won’t take much liquid before spilling over. I like these for that.
- You can find some great molds on Amazon here.
Let me know if you make these for your pup!